Manchester is a fun and engaging city where the warmth of the welcome is apparent throughout the hotels, restaurants, shops and interesting attractions. A compact city, it is easy to navigate by foot or using the tram and bus services.
There is art and culture round every corner, with theatres, concert halls and galleries showcasing a range of performing and visual arts every month. With a range of festivals, music events, parades and sporting events there is an extra reason to visit whatever time of year is being considered.
To help you get the most out of your trip to Manchester we have put together some useful weblinks for you below:
- Information point: Your host venue, Manchester Central, provides an information point via their concierge desk. There is also a Visitor Information Centre inside Central Library, which is less than 5 minutes’ walk from the Congress venue.
- Maps: On your arrival we will provide you with a map of the local area and in the meantime please access an online version and a downloadable version.
- What to see & do: Please visit www.visitmanchester.com to find out what to do in Manchester. In particular the following pages: Ideas and inspiration | 101 things to do | What’s on will give you a great insight as to what the City has to offer Things To Do in Manchester - Visit Manchester
- Transport: This link gives you information on how to get to Manchester and how to get around – including details of our free bus network.
- Free activities: Almost all of the museums and galleries in Manchester are free of charge. This website gives information on all of these options – catering for a wide variety of interests.
- Delegate discounts: Manchester Central offers a scheme of discounts and special offers on local restaurants and bars. Delegates would show their lanyards to access these offers. These change regularly and more information can be found here https://www.manchestercentral.co.uk/restaurants-bars